Construct, erect, install, or repair structures and fixtures made of wood, such as concrete forms; building frameworks, including partitions, joists, studding, and rafters; wood stairways, handrails.
- Prepare centers and furring strips for crowns and brick arches.
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Select materials.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Work with materials such as wood and plastics,
- Utilize miscellaneous power and hand tools to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Build temporary stairs, hand railing, barricades and signage.
- Create structures for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Build tunnel bracing.
- Build concrete forms for construction project.
- Move and install machinery
← See all career opportunities.